Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Discouraged, then go encourage someone else


Are you feeling discouraged today?  Then it is time for you to encourage someone else.  I have found that when I am feeling like life is too much and overwhelming, that if I take the time to look to care and encourage someone else.  In the process of giving them a pep talk I give myself one too. 

Try it and let me know if it works for you.


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hebrews 10:19-25
 
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a [a]sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Are we truly living out verses 24-25? In this crazy, hectic world we live in (even as believer in Jesus), we get sucked into it and it takes too much effort to obey 24"and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near." Why?Did Jesus ever have to check his "phone/calendar" and squeeze his disciples into his "schedule" of "free" time? no... then why do we take on this idea that the world is constantly shoving down our throats that time is a precious commodity that we don't want to waste it on spending time meeting with and encouraging and loving the needy-whether it be the Believer in Christ or the unbelieving seeker. When our brother or sister is in need of encouragment in order to make it through the next moment or the next hour and we have to be "fit in", that really stinks! I am probably rambling on and not keeping on topic of "discouraged, then go encourage someone else" and I apologize. I would just like to really know that somewhere out there, there is a community of believers that are willing to take the TIME to be available to be an encouragement for the discouraged and weary, in a genuine way. I've been in this type of community and it is a wonderful experience. Now that I don't have it, I'm thankful I know that it can happen if we are diligent to do what Jesus did and does even today.

Unknown said...

Theresa,
I understand exactly what you are saying. I am often frustrated that no one seems to be available to get together and spend time in fellowship and encouragement. I realize now that it takes true effort to connect and be an encouragement. So, instead, of getting upset that the people I want to spend time with are not available, I have decided to make an effort and spend time with those whom the Lord shows me needs encouragement. It is more effort, but I feel blessed for the effort.